Dentures are a removable method of replacing a gap. If a space is left in the mouth without replacing it with a denture/implant or bridge, the teeth either side of the space will tilt and shift leading to further movement of teeth above the gap and further along the jaw. This can lead to headache, gum disease, loss of an ability to eat properly, increased stress on other teeth which all lead to a further loss of teeth and greater problems in years to come.
Dentures can be “full” replacing all the teeth in the mouth or “partial” replacing only a few teeth .Over time, dentures will need to be relined, rebased, or remade due to normal wear. Dentures may need to be replaced if they become loose and the teeth show signs of significant wear.
With regular professional care, a positive attitude and persistence, you can become one of the millions of people who wear their dentures with a smile. Often, people do not realise that there is now a fixed alternative to dentures either via implants or bridges.
Same day repairs for broken dentures.
If you have had a sudden breakage or a tooth has come off, you will require an immediate repair and we advise you to contact our Loughborough denture repairs team for assistance. Accidents can happen after all, and we often see patients who are in a panic with a broken denture, please try not to worry, just give us a call as soon as you can and we’ll do whatever it takes to help.
Top Tips for fractures or breaks in your denture….
• Remove your denture as advised by your dentist. Prolonged excessive wear will make your denture more prone to breaks and fractures
• ALWAYS clean your denture over a sink filled with water – NEVER over an empty sink under a running tap.
• If your denture starts to feel loose, consider a reline to ensure stability. Our denture repairs service can help with this, so give us a call today.
• Store your denture somewhere safe when removing it –the same place every time, so that you always remember where it is.
• Why not have a low-cost duplicate denture made so that you always have a spare to hand in case of emergencies
What should I do if my denture breaks?
If possible, keep all the broken pieces together.Don’t use super glue as it is not formulated to be in the mouth and will dissolve very quickly.Don’t try and repair the denture yourself as you may cause further damageContact the Loughborough denture repairs team immediately!