White fillings have been around for 30 years but over the past 3 years their durability and shine have improved substantially. At ZEN-SMILE-SPA we use only the latest materials with minimum shrinkage and finest particles to make the white filling stronger.
If you require a filling in your tooth, a cosmetic option would be to choose a white filling material that matches the shade of your surrounding natural teeth. You can also have any existing metallic fillings replaced with tooth-coloured or ‘white’ fillings. This will allow you to smile without a metallic glint in sight, giving your teeth a more natural appearance overall. Here is how white fillings work:
1. This is a safe procedure that entails the removal of any decay from your tooth, and taking out the metal or amalgam fillings if you are having them replaced.
2. The new filling is made from a very hard tooth-coloured substance and will withstand the forces in your mouth when you bite and chew over a long period of time.
3. The restoration is completed in one visit and your white fillings will not be visible when you smile.
• Natural-looking restoration.
• Improved cosmetic appearance of filled teeth while still being able to bite and chew as usual.
• Hard-wearing restorative solution.
We also set the filling with a PLASMA light with exponential increasing intensity of the light as opposed to a halogen light which could previously predispose white fillings to recurrent decay beneath them.
When we reconstruct a tooth with white filling we use latest technology materials which replicate the various different colours in a tooth, layer by layer. When a filling done by a highly trained cosmetic dentist is finished, it is impossible to tell the difference between real tooth and a white filling.