White fillings have been around for 30 years but over the past 3 years their durability and shine have improved substantially. At ZEN-SMILE-SPA we use only the latest materials with minimum shrinkage and finest particles to make the white filling stronger.
If you require a filling in your tooth, a cosmetic option would be to choose a white filling material that matches the shade of your surrounding natural teeth. You can also have any existing metallic fillings replaced with tooth-coloured or ‘white’ fillings. This will allow you to smile without a metallic glint in sight, giving your teeth a more natural appearance overall.
Here is how white fillings work:
- 1. This is a safe procedure that entails the removal of any decay from your tooth, and taking out the metal or amalgam fillings if you are having them replaced.
- 2. The new filling is made from a very hard tooth-coloured substance and will withstand the forces in your mouth when you bite and chew over a long period of time.
- 3. The restoration is completed in one visit and your white fillings will not be visible when you smile.
- Natural-looking restoration.
- Improved cosmetic appearance of filled teeth while still being able to bite and chew as usual.
- Hard-wearing restorative solution.
We also set the filling with a PLASMA light with exponential increasing intensity of the light as opposed to a halogen light which could previously predispose white fillings to recurrent decay beneath them.
When we reconstruct a tooth with white filling we use latest technology materials which replicate the various different colours in a tooth, layer by layer. When a filling done by a highly trained cosmetic dentist is finished, it is impossible to tell the difference between real tooth and a white filling.